Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Jiro Dreams of Sushi with my Bachan

     After watching the movie, Jiro Dreams of Sushi in class I told my parents about it at dinner and they decided they were going to watch it. So during/after dinner with my mom, dad, and Bachan (Grandmother) we decided to watch it. It was interesting to see her reaction about the movie. Especially since we just ordered sushi from this korean owned restaurant that doesn't take any care at all into their sushi. We ordered yellowtail from there and got some substitute fish that we knew wasn't because yellowtail is white and we got a pinker looking fish. So anyway while watching the movie Bachan commented on how Jiro does it the right way and how that's how its supposed to be done. Also when he commented how Jiro has been working for 75 years she said "that's right and he will continue too forever." I thought this was pretty interesting because she is a lot like Jiro. She is a very active 92 year old woman who still goes to luncheons, sings in a church choir kind of thing, and even goes to Obon, a big Japanese festival. I guess after all of this what I learned is that it doesn't matter what age or how skilled you are, as long as you are doing what you love nothing going to stop you from doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment